Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weight-y

Oh Wednesday.

This is a weigh-in post.  *insert sad face here*

You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you have to do something but you already know what the outcome will be?

Yeah that's how I felt about stepping on the scale today.  I knew I was in for a gain.  It's not 'real' weight though.  Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.  I know I did some stuff right this week.  I know I did alot of other stuff wrong.  Here's the rundown.

Exercise? CHECK! I exercised my tail off this week! 
Eating? Erm uh yeah sorta not. I did ok with this.  I kinda fell into my teenage self habits.  For example having coffee get me through my day until like 3 pm and then eating my face off.  Not good - or eating great for the first half of the day and then noshing my evening away.  I made some good choices.  I made some poor ones.  I need to remind myself that the good decisions don't matter if you wreck them with crappy ones. 
Sleeping? Major thumbs down there.  Lots of stress and too many things going on has really put my mind on edge and no amount of counting sheep has seemed to help. 
Water intake?  Boo on me! I know for a simple fact I did not drink enough water.  Not nearly enough.

For me this is what weight loss boils down to.  I have 4 categories and when I excel in all of them I am rewarded by smaller numbers, smaller sizes and feeling amazing.  When I crap out and put myself last consistently I see it on the scale.  Every setback is a lesson right? Well here's my lesson for today.

Don't let a bad decision become a bad day.  Don't let a bad day become a bad week.  Don't let a bad week become a bad month.  Saying oh I already ate a doughnut I guess I'll skip my workout - is like saying oh I dropped my phone on the ground I guess I'll stomp on it. 

I'm going to do better.  I'm going to be better.  I'm going to do this.

xoxo

~t  

No comments:

Post a Comment