Monday, April 15, 2013

Summary

This is a catch up post.  Not about any one thing in particular but what I've been up to the last couple of days

Thursday - supper at the hubby's g-ma's house.  A nice dinner, nice to catch up.  It has been way to long!  Plus I always have peppermint tea when I go there and love it. I love peppermint tea and yet I don't buy it? Oh well.

Friday - Hmm what did we do on Friday...? Had a quick supper, Paige was in bed AND asleep at a record 8:45pm then I took off to our friends place J & B to steal their pooch for a run.  He did great!  I was in rougher shape than I like to admit.  I am going to go ahead and blame the weather.  Also note to self: You cannot take a break from couch to 5K for 6 weeks and then jump back in where you left off.  It felt great to get back out there though and since I had doggie friend S with me I was calm, cool and collected.  No more jumping at shadows.  That bark would be enough to scare off any would-be bad guys.  That is what you call a win-win situation.  Win1- I get to run with peace of mind and confidence.  Win2 - S gets a solid amount of energy burnt off.  Win3 - J & B have a dog who is tired out for a bit.  Win4 - I have a running partner who always wants to go faster and run more (thus encouraging me to as well) but will match my pace no matter if I'm running or walking.

Saturday - Cleaned the house, organized a few things that needed it.  Played games with Paige and went for a walk to the fire hall (or in Paigespeak fire house) to see Daddy!  We went to see the fire trucks and Paige loved them!  She would not get in them.  I was trying to get a picture of her and the hubby sitting in the driver's seat... to no avail.  I was sternly told, "No, mommy that is for firefighters!!"

Yeesh.  Do all 2 year olds have such strong opinions?  I certainly hope mine isn't the only one.

Then the hubby and I dropped her off at Nana-Papa's house so we could take off for a date-day.  We went to Costco and got a membership, got alot of great deals and didn't go over budget (yay us!), the hubby documented the whole trip via his facebook - hilarious if you are friends with him do check it out.  After our Costco adventure was over we headed to Wally-ville to finish up our list. (which we of course forgot several key items - doesn't everyone?!?)  After that we went out for supper with my mom and dad in law at Moxies.  Steak, stuffed potato (read bacon and cream cheese) need I say more?  Oh yes I do.  The hubby and I went to the movies right after and saw '42'.  Did we share a popcorn {with butter} and a bag of gummies?  We did.  Also if you get the chance do see that movie.  It is incredible!  All in all Saturday was a great day (not for my diet) but otherwise fantastic!

Sunday - We didn't do a thing.  We stayed home, relaxed, organized, played in costco boxes and Paige lost a mitten.  We literally have searched our whole house and can not find it.  Doubly unfortunate because you can no longer buy mittens in the stores and we have recieved yet another dump of snow.  Today Paige is wearing one purple mitten and one black and red mitten.  It bothers me, but she doesn't seem to care.

And here we are.  Today, Monday it's snowing and raining at the same time (blech).  But my doodle woke up happy and she is all the sunshine I need.  Here's to an inside workout and books and cuddles!



Too cool for school...


Doggie 'S'


Paige and Daddy


What I woke up to this morning... nothing springy here... darn Manitoba..


Paiger in her *gush* adorable hungarian sweater!

xoxo
~t

No comments:

Post a Comment