Friday, April 26, 2013

A new light

I've been scattered in a hundred pieces this past week.  It has been a whirlwind of information, lists to accomplish, milestones and lessons.  This morning I'm still a little wispy, still processing everything.  Whirlwinds don't leave much time for processing.

I wrote that tidbit on Monday ^ it's currently Friday.  We'll see if I can accomplish even one post.  I have lots on the go but none completed!

Paige's party was last weekend - it was stressful but great!  Check out the pictures in my last post - she had a blast even if I'm not much of a party planner or cake decorater.  Ha-ha I'm sure Paige will forgive me and I'll either eventually learn my lesson and ask for help, get better at that stuff or continue to throw unorganized, messy parties lol!

The day of Paige's party we signed an offer on our house - with conditions of course.  I was excited but had so much to do that I didn't really think about it for long.  Plus if I've learned one thing with the real estate biz its that nothing, but NOTHING is final until it's final.  Fast forward to after the party - I had geniously arranged to have our family pictures and Paige's 2 year pictures taken directly following the party.  Also I insisted that we go to the photographer's studio (downtown Winnipeg) because even though our photographer was more than willing to come to Carman I wanted studio pictures goshdarnit!  The hubby agreed even though the day before Paige's party he basically worked 24 hours of straight physcial labour and was totally wiped out.  We {got lost only once and tried to walk from a parcade BAD idea but.} eventually got there.  Parked (read all signs to make sure it was ok) and went in.  I had neglected to remember what floor her studio was on so we got a little bit lost inside the building (we were both frustrated and spent by this time) and called our FANTASTIC realor who also happens to be our photographer's dad {have I mentioned I LOVE small towns?!?} and he gave us Andrea's number and we found our way there.

We got into the studio and the pictures went oh-so-smoothly! Paige was GREAT! Andrea was GREAT with her!  Paige made everyone smile with her antics and silly faces.  The hubby even seemed to have a good time!  {he's not a fan of pictures certainly not of professional ones}  When all was done we packed up and went down to our...

car was gone.

Yeah. Major panic attack for this girl.  Chad was obviously not happy but kept his cool and took care of us.  Paige had no idea and was still in thebestmoodever. I have no idea why.  Maybe it was the truck load of presents she got right before? Maybe it was a sugar high from birthday cake and animal crackers?  Maybe it was God's way of telling me to calm down that everything was ok.  We rushed back to the studio and thank goodness Andrea was just leaving!  She let us back in and got us to show her where we parked.  In what is apparently a bus zone (not marked because you're supposed to just know?)  I guess people who live in the city know what a bus zone looks like.  These country bumpkins do not.  Andrea called the tow company and Chad spoke with them.  She drove him there and lead him back to us.  $140 later we had our car back, Paige safely strapped in and we were on our way home.  Oh sweet Carman.  We love you!

{Also we love Andrea!  She went WAY above and beyond for us and we are so appreciative!}

Our little adventure in downtown Winnipeg really made something clear to me.  I can't live in a city.  Not that I'm not capable of it - but I don't want to. Ever.  You can't walk down the street without having someone asking you for money or smokes.  You can't trust your surroundings.  You have to silence your child when she starts trying to points to strangers and ask questions about them because you don't know who they are or what they're about to do.  I know that small towns have bad people in them too, don't get me wrong I'm not that naive.  However, chances are in a town as small as the one I live in I can trust that they aren't going to glare at my kid, or swear at her, or act violently.  In Winnipeg I don't know that.  In Winnipeg I felt like now that Paige is not a baby I have to be constantly on edge.  I honestly do not know how parents who live in cities manage.  I guess if you've always lived there you are used to it.  It is commonplace. 

I know that I probably sound dramatic and all places in Winnipeg are not the same as right downtown where we were.  I understand that people have communities within a city that resemble more of a small town.  I just have never been on edge for so long.  When I walk around my town I am not afraid - I can't say that about Winnipeg.  This isn't necessarily Winnipeg's fault either - it is my issue.  This isn't supposed to be a Winnipeg-bash-fest!  {sorry if that's what it seems like}  I like visiting the city.  I have lots of friends and family who live there and I'm sure they are happy to live there!  I am glad for them that they are city-wise and know how to exist there peacefully.  I guess what it boils down to is I have never appreciated where I live like I do today.  I am so thankful that I get to live and work here.  I am grateful that Paige will go to school here and experience much of what I did growing up.

That was what happened to us last weekend and perhaps it needed to happen to solidify that we are really and truly doing the right thing for us right now because....

OUR HOUSE SOLD!

Yep.  There is a SOLD sign on it! There is also a SOLD sign on another house - the house that we have bought.  Lets just say June is going to be one CRAZY busy month.  All in all it was a great weekend filled with good {and some bad} things but ultimately everything works out.  That is the big lesson.  Take a breath, take a step back and have faith.  God is good.  He will always take care of us.  Sometimes his lessons aren't pleasant but it's usually the tough ones that we remember the best right?

xoxo

~t  

{ps. if you'd like to check out Andrea's work follow the link to see our pictures and many others!


Yessssssss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment