Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Not a surprise

Do you ever have moments like that?  Where you are totally hopeful for something even though you know its unlikely.  Even if you know you're kind of fooling yourself? 

Weight loss journal:

Today is weigh in wednesday.  I only lost 1 lb since last week even though at my (sneaky mid week weigh-in I'm not supposed to do) I had lost 2.  Why is this?  Well - this week I have exercised 0 times.  Not to say I haven't done anything we've been unreal busy but I could've made time.  I just didn't.  Also we had a cheat meal, if I'm being honest I had more like three cheat meals.  I still stayed within my weight watchers points but still those un healthy meals lead to unhealthy snacks and even if you stay within your points that doesn't mean you did everything right.  Mistake #... oh who's counting?  I didn't drink enough water.  Not even close.  I am grateful that I lost what I did but in my heart I know I could've done better. 

That's the tricky thing about all of this.  When I don't do as well as I could've I'm really only disappointing myself.  I read on a ww success story a girl said "I used to sneak food but now I track everything.  God and ww knows what I eat and so do I even if no one else sees" or something to that effect (not a direct quote)  I used to say to hubs - Ok I'm going to need you to make sure I ____________ <- fill in the blank with exercise this week or don't snack or etc.  You get the idea.  But its ultimately up to me.  I know what I do or don't do.  I'm the only one in control of it.  I need to set realistic expectations.  As in - if you have had a crappy week don't step on the scale with your fingers crossed and squinting hoping to see dramatic change when you did nothing to earn dramatic change. 

Simple enough, right?  So this week has the potential to be one of the craziest in my life yet.  Can you believe that?  I still can't - but I'm getting there. 

For this week I pledge to:
workout 3 times for at least 45 minutes each
drink at least 4 glasses of water each day
get a minimum of 5 hours of sleep each night

Those seem attainable.  It will definitely help with next week's weigh in.  I will say though, I hit my first 'mini goal' that ww sets for you.  It was a good feeling they let me set my own second 'mini goal' it really is all in my head.  If I see okay so I've lost 12 lbs in one month and my next mini goal is another 12 lbs.  I've already done it once so why wouldn't I be able to do it again?

Well I better get going - lots to do work wise and lots to do home wise and I'm running out of time for both! *Insert crazy stressed face here*
Somebody go relax for me send me some good vibes!

xoxo

~t     

No comments:

Post a Comment