Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mixed emotions

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I know I did but I have a whole bucket full of different emotions to sort through.

On one hand - everything is going way better than I anticipated on the house front.  I won't get into any details until things are more solid but I am kind of on a cloud.  All I can say is if you put good into your life eventually you will get good out of it.  It might take awhile you might be left wondering but if you have faith everything should work out.  Karma is something I believe in.  But then it doesn't explain why bad things happen to good people so on the other hand I have recieved some rather troubling information about friends and co-workers that makes me feel guilty for feeling so good about the wonderful things that are happening in my life.

A co-worker, whose blog I have been following since my return to work, has a son who has a very difficult illness.  You can find them here: deklynsjourney.blogspot.ca.  Her son who is just over a year and has never left the hospital he was born in has taken a very serious turn for the worse and I can't imagine going through what she is facing at this moment.  Her latest post has been a request for all the prayers she can get, so please, if you can take a minute to pray for their family please do. 

A friend of mine and fellow fire fighter wife has also been dealt an unfathomable card.  Her 8 month old child is very sick and requiring surgery today.  I won't go into more detail because I don't want to say something she would be uncomfortable with but please if you can take a minute to pray for her and her family as well it would be much apperciated. 

It's hard to know what to think.  I understand that good things happen and bad things happen.  It's just hard for me to be excited when I keep thinking about these people who are facing unimaginable challenges and feel a little bad that things are going well for me.  All I can do is pray for my friends send all the good vibes I possibly can their way and hope that our wave of good things happening might in some way benefit them down the road. 

I'm all mixed up I guess. 

We did have a great weekend though.  Work was crazy on Saturday - Chad and Paige stayed home and had a daddy-daughter day.  Paige looooves her daddy Saturdays.  I got home late but we still had a good evening together.  Sunday we went into the city and saw my brother's new place.  We stopped at Oak Bluff Tim Horton's for a coffee and my mother cajoled me into buying a $5 stuffed monkey for Paige.  (as if she doesn't have enough stuffies!!)  Luckily it was a good buy Paige hasn't let that monkey out of her sight yet and talks both to and for it - which is pretty hilarious!  At my brother's place Paige got to spend some time with her Uncles and Auntie that she doesn't see nearly as often as she would like to.  She spent the whole time following her Auntie Shu.  She loves her soo much!  It's absolutely adorable!  We had a good visit and good food (thank goodness for my weekly points budget for 'over' days)!  We contemplated shopping before going home but Paige was already so tired we thought it best to just head home.  Monday was good too, Paige stayed home with me as I was off for working Saturday.  She watched lots of Curious George and with a Jack Johnson soundtrack mommy didn't mind one bit!  I even got my closets cleaned out!

Now it is back to real life - but man do I love those mommy daughter mondays - I just can't wait for one where I can have no plans except for playing make believe with my princess! 

Thanks for reading - xoxo

~t

No comments:

Post a Comment