Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Brand new

I'm realizing alot of things as I get older and (maybe) a little wiser.  One of my recent revelations has been that I am a better mom, wife, friend, daughter, employee and any other hat I wear when I work out.  It sounds crazy doesn't it?  It does to me.  When I say it out loud - it sounds totally bonkers.

How can going for a run, or hitting the gym or attending a yoga class make me a better mom?  How can any of those things make me a better employee??? But I have seen it almost in slow motion time and time again.  When I don't exercise regularly - I am way more likely to be impatient, short, lost my temper easier, make mistakes, forget things... the list goes on.

But...

If I get in that run or even just a workout DVD in the living room I am ten times happier, more productive, playful and nice! I like being nice!  I think I just really need those endorphins from working out.  It sounds silly but it feels right.

I am still kind of marvelling at how going for a run is the difference between my house being clean or messy the dishes being done or left in the sink and all of those other little things that just exhaust us by thinking about them.  With exercise all of a sudden I just do them I don't think about it.  I just get more done.  And as the saying goes 'if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy' it works the other way too.  When mama is excited and enthusiastic it brightens up everyone else around her!  If someone would have told me 'you know Tami if you exercise for 45 minutes every day, every single aspect of your life will be better' I totally would've laughed in their face.  I would've said they were crazy and that sure I might feel better but there was no possible way that one simple thing like that could have that kind of a crazy domino effect.

Well folks. I stand corrected.  It does indeed affect everything.  

Also today was my 2 week weigh in for weight watchers and let me just say - I wanna sing from the hill tops!  Except for that I am trying to be conscience of how much other people actually want to hear about my weight loss journey.  Having said that I've lost 8lbs! EIGHT! In two weeks! All I have to do is mentally envision a stack of 8 1lb bricks of butter and I'm in amazement.  that much extra 'stuff' for lack of a better word has come off my body! Yikes! Also I completed day 1 of week 2 of Couch to 5K and that in itself is an accomplisment for me.  I have never gotten past week 1 before because it was just so hard for me and now that I'm fitter and a little smaller everything is getting easier.  I can't wait for what life has ahead because I'm on a track that I don't want to get off of!

xoxo

~t  

No comments:

Post a Comment