Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A new adventure


I've done something that is kind of a big deal for me!  Chad fully supports me and I have joined weight watchers.  I have some weight I've been struggling with.  I gained ALOT of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter.  Everything went great for the first 6 months and then I started packing on pounds with no reason why.  I was still doing everything right eating properly, exercising but it didn't matter they just kept coming on faster and faster it seemed.  And let me tell you - when you are pregnant and gaining weight for no reason that is a hormonal, emotional nightmare.  You cry and then pretty soon after going to the doctor and complaining about said unexplained weight gain you get dismissed you give up.  I remember thinking well if I'm going to be fat anyway I may as well be happy too.  As it would turn out when I switched doctors I had undiagnosed pregnancy induced hypertension.  A type of condition where you retain fluid, swell up (ALL OVER) have high blood pressure and lots of other unpleasant symptoms.  That was the culprit and maybe if I had known that I wouldn't have had such a meltdown but alas I did.  And 80 lbs later I gave birth via C-section to my beautiful daughter.  (the only cure for PIH) It is even harder to lost baby weight when you have a very sore incision and lots of other complications from a hard and ugly labor and delivery.  

However! I did lost it every last pound! But I did have some weight I had wanted to lose before I became pregnant.  Now is the time, now is the time for me! I'm excited for the journey ahead of me and I hope you'll all come along for the ride!  I'm most excited for the day I can post my before and after picture when I reach my goal! 

eeee! 

xoxo

~t 

Has anybody else had any success with ww? Any hints and tips? 

No comments:

Post a Comment