Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 23

Back to my 30 days of no chocolate, candy, chips, pop or ice cream.  There may have been a couple more things on there initially but wow is this a lot harder than I thought it was going to be!  That might sound silly - like really  how hard can it be to not have those things for 30 days. DAYS not months.  I may have relapsed once or twice - gummy bears in my house are not  good for this challange! - but I have steered clear of the other three things entirely.  No small feat considering the holidays are just around the corner and well, this crap is EVERYWHERE!  It's at the grocery store in big shiny displays that call to me!  It's in the staff room, it's in my kitchen - it seems I can't get away from being around it.  Let me tell you it is harder to not eat it when its staring at you.  In a perfect world I could just never look at it.  That would be much easier if it's not there you can't have it - but unfortunately that is not real life.  I am not willing to waste just because I am weak willed in this particular area.  The only way to get some Willpower Of Steel (said in a big booming voice) is to be around this stuff and make the decision to not have it.

The other issue is that I have a jam packed daily schedule - to fit in 30 to 60 minutes of exercise feels impossible.  I know in my rational 'you can do this!' brain that it is not but it soooooo feels that way when its 10:30 and I just. want. to. sleep. or just want to have some time to not have to do anything.  Here's my day in a nutshell.
6:00 alarm - hit snooze
6:30 alarm - Chad and I get up
6:45 Chad leaves for work (being a guy must be awesome)
6:30 - 7 brush teeth, let dog out, feed/water dog & cat, scoop kitty litter, curl up into a ball on the couch and shiver. (why are mornings impossibly cold?!?)
7:00 - 7:30 SHOULD be reserved for me getting ready for work but often I'll forget (or just not do it) to make Paige and Chad's lunch for the next day so I'll squeeze that into my get ready time.  The definition of get ready consists of shower, dress, make up, hair (ha! yeah right), get paige out of bed (ha!)
7:30 - 8:00 get Paige dressed, take her to the potty approximately 12 times (don't get me wrong I'm eternally grateful that she was so easy to train but for real she has a TINY blatter and loves sitting on the potty - for everrr), convince Paige to eat breakfast, brush her teeth, let me wash her face and do her hair without too much of a struggle.
8:00 - 8:15 Get Paige into her outside stuff (parka, mitts, toque, boots etc) and into the car and to day care and settled.
I must be at work at my desk by 8:30... shove any interruptions in there such as Paige not fully co-operating (a toddler? no! never!), dropping stuff, spilling stuff, getting something on my work clothes and me having to change.  Plus insert stuff like changing loads of laundry, dishes, sweeping (depending on the morning) prepping supper and you run out of time for things and/or are late for work (I hate being late! I feel so guilty and usually take however many minutes I was late off of a coffee break or my lunch hour.  My awake self says well why can't you just wake up earlier? The answer is simple because often I am only going to bed between 11 pm and any time after that depending on how much is left to do or if I've been lazy and sat down for part of the evening. Lunch hours are often used for things like getting groceries, running errands, starting supper in the slow cooker etc.  and by the time I pick Paige up from day care its 5:30 and this is typical:
5:30 -6:30 arrive home, start supper (unless its been in the slow cooker) then make whatever sides with a screaming toddler attached to me.  For some reason she hates it when I'm in the kitchen no matter what I do before or how much she's seen me that day she almost always screams and throws a fit.  Some days I handle it better than others but that's life.
6:30 - 7:30 Eat supper/convince Paige to do the same, Clean up the inevitable mess of Paige feeding herself (and throwing plenty to the beggars under her chair).
7:30 - 8:30 Clean up the kitchen, play time with Paige, T.V. time, family time, shuffle the toys on the floor around and tidy up only to have it un-done behind me.
8:30 - 9:00 Bathe Paige, stories, bedtime.

Then I'll go back downstairs to clean up whatever got missed or is un-done, sit on the couch and go brain dead - because sometimes I just need to not think.  After going non-stop for 12 hours I'm just spent.  I know in my head that exercising either before or after this madness would likely help my energy level but its so hard to get on that track to begin with.  I find I'm just so zonked.  Help a sister out! Where do you find time for exercise? I believe it's an important part of life and I want Paige to value how important it is. 

I think I need an alarm without a snooze button!

xoxo

~t

No comments:

Post a Comment