Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blood from a stone, hours from a day...

Day 2 of the 30 day countdown was a partial success. I did not eat any junk (despite the fact that I was surrounded by it) but I did not exercise.  It was a busy day of being up at 6:30am and working straight through the day whether it be at home or at my job until 11:00pm (my day by the way also consisted of waiting for an appointment that showed up 45 minutes late effectively using up my lunch hour, spraying myself from head to toe while doing the dishes, trust me its possible, and papercutting my tounge while licking an envelope - no winners there) and by 11 I was determined I was going to stay up and exercise and do the dishes and sweep the floor and, and, and... fall asleep making my list of things I wanted to get done.  I woke up with a start at 2am and by then it was already technically day 3 so I threw in the towel and set my alarm for 30 minutes earlier than normal so that FOR SURE on day 3 I would exercise in the morning. (I love me a good morning work out - it always makes my day better)  Do you know what life threw at me this morning?  5 minutes after my alarm went off (at 5:30am) my darling daughter also decided to get up.  She NEVER never EVER gets up before me.  She usually wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30 if I don't wake her up sooner for daycare.

There went my super-fantastic-motivating morning workout..

Ugh.  It left me wondering where, oh where can I steal hours from my day for exercise?  If you're thinking that well so what if your 19 month old is awake? Just exercise anyway.  It doesn't happen.  Somehow the exercises aren't as effective when you stop every 5 minutes to help get a toy out from somewhere then get a cup of juice then assist her on and off the couch repeatedly, then change a diaper, then clean up a mess... well you get the idea.  So I went about my morning with an extra 20 + lbs stuck to my leg or pulling at me or pushing me away from the sink (yes she does that when she thinks I ough not be doing dishes) well I did all of my other regular stuff I usually do between 6 and 7:30.  It made for a hectic morning but I did at least chat with my mom for a few minutes and tinkered on facebook so I guess I can't be all that hard up for time.  Oh well tonight I HAVE to workout if I want to make my 5x/week quota and by gum I am going to make that quota!   Okay here goes nothing (pfft day 3 is only half over and its already kicking day 2's sorry butt)


xoxo

~t       

No comments:

Post a Comment