Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 day countdown

Day 1: Today is the first day of a 30 day countdown I just created.  I figure if I could do 30 days of bedrest when I was in my 3rd trimester I can do 30 days of anything.  We women are just that tough! I have declared today that for 30 days I will not eat any junk food.  Here is my list of No's feel free to suggest any I may have left out:
*Candy
*Chips
*Chocolate (aww man.)
*Ice Cream (double boo)
*Pop
*Deep fried anything

I am also going to make a pledge to myself (and you whoever might be reading this) that I will exercise 5 times per week during this month.  I will document what I do and for how long but I must exercise 5 different times on 5 different days in any given week.

I have alot of lofty goals and the only way to get there is to make small changes and progress only as quickly as I can.  These seem like attainable things to me.  I can do 1 month of anything.  The hope lies in that after that 1 month I will feel so fantastic that I won't have the wants and the cravings for the un-healthy things I crave now.  Not to say that I can't ever have ice cream again - let's face it that would just not work for this gal - but that there are more important things than immediate satisfaction via food. 

I'm hoping by the end of this month I will feel 10 times better. (and lets not kid ourselves LOOK 10 times better!)  I can do this.  For me. For the hubby. For Paige.

And with you lovely folks out there keeping me honest (its just harder to lie in type than it is to lie to yourself in the mirror) it might even be a fun ride!

Bear with me this first week is going to be a toughie!

xoxo

~t

No comments:

Post a Comment