Friday, September 21, 2012

No bottle? No problem!

Hello all -

I have been thinking about when to take Paige's bottle out of her night time routine for some time now.  She is 17 months old and we have limited her bottle drinking to right before bed only since 11 or 12 months if I remember right.  It was never really that big of a deal.  I didn't even know that kids drank from bottles other than as little babies or at bed time.  Seriously, it didnt dawn on me.  What do I drink from while I'm eating? A cup.  Sooo from the time Paige started solids (4 - 5 months) she drank from a cup at food time.  She only quit nursing at 9 months old and so bottles just didn't really play into our every day.  Bottles were reserved for naps and bed, not consciously though it just kind of happened that way.  Then eventually we cut them out for naps and had only one at bed time. 

Last night she was verrrry tired (that probably played to my favour) and after I set her in her crib she plopped her little head on her pillow and I walked out of the room.  She rolled around and sang to herself for a bit.  She only stood up once looking around and saying Moooom? When I didn't answer and pretended to be asleep she shrugged and lay down.  Zzz boom.  Will tonight be that easy?  I can hope but now that I've gone and told the whole world how good last night was - tonight if the sleep deprivation gnomes are listening will probably be awful.  I honestly think that if I don't exclaim 'Paige do you want your bobble?!?' She might not think of it either.

* fingers crossed everybody*

Happy Friday!

xoxo
~t  

No comments:

Post a Comment